Hi there! My name is Corey Hill and I'm currently a 33-year-old environment artist residing in Merced, CA. I was born and raised in sunny San Diego, California. Growing up as a military brat I was shown the payoff of dedication to one's craft. Artistically I was inspired to pursue animation at my local community college with an emphasis on modeling and layout. After transferring to the Academy of Art in San Francisco I developed an impassioned interest in Environment Art and Storytelling.
After graduating from The Academy of Art University with Honors as an Undergraduate I was lucky enough to work as an Environment Artist for Insomniac Games on Spider-Man. It was there where I polished up my environment art & layout skills before moving to later work on such titles as NBA 2K20, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, and for various projects with Happy Mushroom as a VAD artist. I have a wide array of experience and skills across both film and games and would love to hear about any potential opportunities.
● Worked as a Virtual Art Department Artist helping tier various content for - Art Directors, leads, director of photography, and others on a project by project basis.
● Responsible for addressing feedback and maintaining overall quality and look of props, environments, cinematic assets as well as levels and scenes within Unreal 4.
● Maintaining Design Spec standards, level organization, and asset optimization in order for scenes to be Scoutable in a variety of mediums
● Modifying materials, lights, and overall look-dev of scenes within Unreal 4
● Responsible for various environments from Blockout to Final Pass
● Maintained Layout Art & Design to professional standards
● Responsible for various environments requiring high levels of communication between art & design.
Responsible for texturing props, environments, and levels
Responsible for Set Dressing small, medium, and large levels
Supported Outsource Assets including editing models, textures, uvs
Modeled Assets Managed Outsource Assets for Cinematic and Gameplay
Generated large open world levels based upon existing asset content; adhering to the strict material, light, and art parameters within engine.
Worked primarily in engine with level designers to generate some open world mission content
Worked within strict design parameters to meet and surpass combat, art, and design goals for open world content
Maintained and edited various asset content to adhere to strict optimization parameters
Facilitated any requests regarding the environment and level art creation process
Developed art and design concepts
School Game Development project that ventured outside of the Academy of Art University.
Mentored junior artists on their creative processes.
Researched drawings of characters and environmental elements for inspiration.
Managed technological considerations to meet defined goals.
Facilitated any requests regarding the environment and level art creation process.
Developed art and design concepts.